Bodhi Tree Forest Monastery (located 8 minutes from Lismore, NSW) is seeking three lay supporters to help with administrative and general operations of the Centre. In return, volunteers will be offered free accommodation in a peaceful and natural setting, conducive for meditation practice. Please note: anyone applying for either role is asked to attend the 6:30 am – 7:00 am group meditation.
These roles offer a service to the Bodhi Tree community, and in return volunteers will live in a quiet, meditative atmosphere, located in beautiful, peaceful surrounds and have access to an extensive Buddhist library.
The following three volunteer positions are currently vacant as of December 11th, 2018. When applying please be sure that you can make a commitment!
Any of the positions below could suit a couple.
Knowledge of vegetarian cooking and nutrition essential. Preparing, when required, breakfast and lunch for occasional visiting meditators, and lunch for Ven Pannyavaro daily. This role finishes in the early afternoon (after lunch cleanup). These hours can be flexible. In addition maintenance and planting out of the kitchen garden would be appreciated.
- cooking of basic vegetarian foods
- sound hygiene practices
- driver’s license
- purchase of food supplies in Lismore
- ensure visitor’s room is clean before and after guest visit;
- greet guests and supply necessary items if needed
- take care of washing and airing of guest bedding
Working hours are approximately 8-12 noon. These hours can be flexible.
- basic ability to maintain websites
- in the Abbot’s absence respond to incoming emails and post if required
- spread sheet skills and handling of invoices
- answering the phone and checking phone messages
- manage accommodation needs or inquiries
- driver’s license
- Bush regeneration work
- Tree planting
- Brush cutting
Please note that these are not paid positions. Lodging, utilities and Internet access are provided free of charge. Outside of working hours, you will have access to our library facilities and guidance about Dharma and meditation.
For enquiries or to express interest, please contact: Ven. Pannyavaro (Pannya) email@example.com