Bodhi Tree Forest Monastery & Retreat Centre
78 Bentley Road, via Lismore, Tullera NSW 2480 AustraliaEmail
Phone: +61 (02) 6628 2426* **
* If you would like to visit us outside of scheduled retreats and workshops, please call first so that we can better accommodate your needs.
- Fly Lismore Airport to/from Sydney: Regional Express
- Fly Ballina/Byron Bay Airport to/from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne: Virgin Blue or Jetstar
- Fly to Sydney, Brisbane or Gold Coast (Coolangatta Airport ) Internationally.
- Catch a Train to/from Sydney or Brisbane to Lismore: Country Link
- The train will change at Casino for a bus to Lismore station.
- Catch a bus from Sydney to Lismore and Brisbane to Byron Bay: Greyhound
- Bus directly from Roma Street (Brisbane) to Lismore: Byron Shuttle
- Local buses available from Byron Bay and Ballina to Lismore: Buslines
- Driving from Sydney to Lismore is about 700km and takes about 9 hours.
- Driving from Brisbane to Lismore is about 200km and takes about 2½ hours.
- Driving from Byron Bay (about 40 mins) and Ballina (about 30 mins).
to Bodhi Tree from Lismore
From Lismore take road to Nimbin (Terania Street).
Turn RIGHT into Dunoon Road. There is a Petrol station and Budget
Timbers Yard at intersection – approximately 2 km from Lismore
centre, just after old wooden railway bridge.
From this intersection, you will go up steep hill past Lismore Show
grounds. Then see a 60 km speed sign at top of hill, then
a sign that says TULLERA.
Bentley Road is a hard LEFT turn at the end of a straight section
of road. Go down Bentley Road 1 km (which is a gravel road
5.8 km from petrol station). At bottom of hill is a Causeway, 15 metres from entrance
to Bodhi Tree.
Right turn into driveway to brown house set back from road
– see a multi coloured Buddhist flag flying high from front
Distances from Lismore
|Byron Bay||via Bangalow||45km|
|Coffs Harbour||via Pacific Highway||230km|
|Grafton||via Summerland Way||130km|
|via Pacific Highway||145km|
|Melbourne||via Hume Highway||1,661km|
|Sydney||via Summerland Way||780km|
|via Pacific Highway||800km|
Lismore Council (good general information)